Fringe Fund and FRINGE WORLD Festival are initiatives of ARTRAGE Inc. ARTRAGE is the incorporated body that enforces the following Terms and Conditions.
All Terms and Conditions relate solely to the FRINGE WORLD 2019 Festival.
ARTRAGE may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase after the Terms and Conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
FRINGE WORLD Festival accepts the following cards for online transactions:
We do not accept AMEX or Diners Club Cards.
Debit/credit card processing facilities are in the name of ARTRAGE. Please be advised that your credit card statement will show “ARTRAGE (EWAY) NORTHBRIDGE” as the recipient of the payment for this purchase.
An order confirmation / tax invoice will be emailed to you following the completion of your payment transaction(s). Purchasers will need to ensure that they supply a current, working email address to receive these emails.
Website Transaction Fees
All payments made online at fringeworld.com.au will attract a $2.20 website transaction fee.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers:
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Voucher denominations are in Australian Dollars.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash either in whole or part of the voucher value.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers are valid for FRINGE WORLD ticket purchases and FRINGE WORLD Friends subscriptions (subject to availability).
- Terms and Conditions for FRINGE WORLD tickets apply to all purchases made using FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers are valid for ticket purchases from the date of issue to 23:59 on Sunday 17 February 2019. Balances remaining on gift vouchers after this expiry date will be forfeited and are not further redeemable.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers can be redeemed online at fringeworld.com.au or in person at any FRINGE WORLD Box Office. Purchases are subject to relevant fees associated with FRINGE WORLD ticket purchases.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase tickets for sale at the venue door or on any other website other than www.fringeworld.com.au.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers can be used as part payment for FRINGE WORLD tickets. The outstanding difference between the gift voucher value and purchase amount must be paid at the time of booking with a valid credit/debit card, another FRINGE WORLD Gift Voucher, or cash (if purchasing in person).
- Where the total value of a Gift Voucher is not redeemed in one transaction, remaining funds will be carried over and may be used toward another purchase prior to the gift voucher expiry date 17 February 2019.
- Please provide the 16 digit gift voucher number to redeem the voucher.
- FRINGE WORLD does not accept any responsibility for lost or stolen FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers.
All ticket prices and other charges are subject to change without notice. All ticket prices are in Australian dollars. Items marked with an asterix (*) include GST.
Tickets are sold through www.fringeworld.com.au and the FRINGE WORLD Box Offices on behalf of the organisation and/or artists responsible for presenting the event. Tickets sold are subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where presented.
FRINGE WORLD can only assist with tickets purchased through www.fringeworld.com.au or at a FRINGE WORLD Box Office. Where tickets have been purchased through an alternative Ticketing Agency, all contact should be directed to that agency.
FRINGE WORLD collects your personal information in case of an event cancellation or change. If you fail to supply sufficient and appropriate contact information, FRINGE WORLD is not responsible for failure to notify you.
Cash purchases of tickets can be made in person at FRINGE WORLD Festival Box Offices, as listed online at www.fringeworld.com.au.
In some circumstances, FRINGE WORLD venues may offer sales at the door of the venue prior to an event start time, subject to availability.
Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the venue.
If purchasing tickets for 'A Midnight Visit', please visit https://amidnightvisit.com/terms-and-conditions/ for additional terms and conditions relating to this show.
FRINGE WORLD and/or the promoter reserves the right to offer discount or promotional tickets. Not all discounted tickets will be available at all times. Only one valid discount can be applied per transaction. Purchases made at a higher price cannot be changed for the discounted price under any circumstances.
When purchasing discounted tickets associated with a FRINGE WORLD Friends subscription, the customer must be logged in with their valid FRINGE WORLD Friends customer account. Refunds or exchanges will not be given for failure to login with a valid FRINGE WORLD Friend account.
Where a promotional code is required for discounted tickets, this must be applied at time of purchase.
Ticket Pickup / Delivery
All ticket buyers will be given a range of pickup and delivery options when purchasing their tickets from www.fringeworld.com.au.
When booking from fringeworld.com.au more than ten (10) business days prior to the event, you can choose to either have your tickets posted to you, or collect them from a FRINGE WORLD Box Office or Self-Collect Ticket Printer. E-Ticketing will be an option for some venues. FRINGE WORLD is not responsible for any lost tickets and recommends customers to choose Registered post when opting to have the tickets mailed to them. Some venues may require you to have printed tickets prior to attending the performance, check your order confirmation for details
If collecting your tickets from a FRINGE WORLD Box Office, please arrive at the box office at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time. FRINGE WORLD is not responsible for any failure to attend an event on time due to delays in ticket collection. FRINGE WORLD Box Office locations and opening hours can be found here on our website : www.fringeworld.com.au
All FRINGE WORLD tickets include a booking fee which is included in the advertised price on the FRINGE WORLD website and printed guide.
|Ticket Price||Booking Fee|
|$0.01 - $16.00||$4.00|
|$16.01 - $21.00||$4.50|
|$21.01 - $26.00||$5.00|
|$26.01 - $36.00||$5.50|
|$36.01 - $46.00||$6.00|
|$46.01 - $56.00||$6.50|
|$56.01 and over||$7.00|
Please read above regarding our website transaction fee.
All tickets priced under $80.49 are GST free, unless otherwise stated.
All tickets priced $80.49 and over are GST inclusive, unless otherwise stated.
Where tickets are priced and sold as a package, the above applies to the average per ticket price.
Tickets may not, without prior written consent from FRINGE WORLD, be resold, offered as a prize or used for advertising or other promotional use including resale at a premium rate. Use of tickets in a manner which breaches any of these terms and conditions may lead to the ticket being cancelled without refund.
Ticketing Exchanges and Refunds
- Without limiting your statutory rights under Australian Consumer Law, there is no right of refund or exchange on tickets.
- Before purchasing tickets, carefully review the event and seat selection details (where applicable). A change in personal circumstances or a change of mind does not entitle the ticket holder to a return or exchange on a ticket.
- If an error in ticket pricing occurs, FRINGE WORLD may cancel and refund your ticket sold at the incorrect price.
- If tickets have been purchased through an alternate Ticketing agency, the customer should contact that Ticketing agency for their Refunds and Exchange policy.
- In the event of a session cancellation, FRINGE WORLD will provide a refund of the ticket price paid to tickets holders.
- FRINGE WORLD and/or the Presenter reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists or vary advertised events, ticket prices, audience capacities or seating arrangements and make other variations as required.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right not to refund lost or stolen tickets.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right not to offer a refund or exchange where a valid receipt is not presented.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to, without refund, refuse admission to, or eject, any person whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language, or who otherwise fails to comply with FRINGE WORLD's or the Venue's Terms and Conditions. Should entry be declined, FRINGE WORLD will not provide a refund for the purchase of tickets.
- Late arrival to an event may result in non-admittance. In limited circumstances late arrivals may be permitted when there is a suitable break in the performance. Should entry be declined, FRINGE WORLD will not provide a refund for the purchase of tickets.
If a show, event or session is cancelled no obligation is assumed by FRINGE WORLD for arranging a substitute event.
In the event of a cancellation, FRINGE WORLD will undertake reasonable measures to notify ticket holders of the cancellation and will provide refunds of the ticket price paid to ticket holders. Purchasers are required to supply correct and current contact details in case of cancellation.
Lost Ticket Policy
FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to not replace tickets for events where seating is not allocated (general admission).
When allocated seating tickets (reserved seating) are lost or stolen, the customer must produce proof of their original purchase.
If you have requested postal delivery of your tickets and have not received your tickets:
Tickets sent by Standard Post
Tickets sent by standard mail cannot be traced and no responsibility will be accepted by FRINGE WORLD for tickets delivered by this method. To safeguard your tickets, we recommend selecting Registered Post or Collect at Box Office.
Tickets sent by Registered Post
Tickets sent by registered mail can be tracked online via www.auspost.com.au. When collecting tickets sent by Registered Post from a Post Office, a signature and identification will be required.
Replacement of tickets lost when sent by registered mail is subject to certain conditions. Please call (08) 9227 6288 to speak with our Customer Service team to ascertain if your tickets are replaceable.
Standard Conditions of Entry
These conditions apply to event venues as well as festival grounds (including but not limited to FRINGE Central at the Perth Cultural Centre, The Pleasure Garden, The Ice Cream Factory and Yagan Square.
- Admission to an event is at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD or venue management.
- FRINGE WORLD and venue management reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject, any person whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language, or who otherwise fails to comply with FRINGE WORLD’s or the venue's Terms and Conditions.
- FRINGE WORLD may impose additional conditions in relation to entry to, or attendance of, a particular event.
- For venue age restrictions view the venue information on www.fringeworld.com.au.
- For licensed venues, patrons must be over the age of 18 and must show valid photo ID as defined by the Government of Western Australia’s Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Policy regarding Proof of Age to gain entry. Check the list of acceptable forms of ID from the Department of Racing Gaming and Liquor (RGL).
- It may be a condition of entry to particular events that a search of person and/or possessions is required at the time of the entry to the venue.
- Some venues have no alcohol and/or non-smoking restrictions.
- No drugs, weapons, food, glass containers, specified prohibited items or lasers may be taken into a venue.
- You must not engage in offensive or inappropriate behaviour at an event, including but not limited to wearing or otherwise displaying any commercial, political or religious signage or logos that may reasonably cause offence.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way.
- Latecomers may not be admitted. If you arrive late for an event for which you have purchased tickets, you may not be guaranteed entry. It is your responsibility to arrive at an event before or at the advertised start time. No refunds will be granted for refusal of entry to an event due to late arrival on the part of the customer.
- No audio or video recorders (including mobile phones) may be used without the prior written permission of FRINGE WORLD. A breach of this condition may lead to the confiscation of all equipment and removal of the patron from the venue.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to video, photograph, broadcast or telecast the event. By purchasing a ticket, you grant permission to FRINGE WORLD to utilise your image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display made of, or at, the event in any medium or context without further authorisation or compensation.
- FRINGE WORLD takes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- Without prejudice to any other rights which FRINGE WORLD may have, if you contravene any of these Terms or Conditions, you may:
- be refused entry to, or removed from, the venue;
- have your ticket confiscated and/or cancelled without refund or recompense; and
- be disqualified from purchasing tickets for or entering in to other events.
In the event that you are refused entry to an event for any reason in accordance with these conditions of entry, no refund will be given.
Event Ratings and Content Warnings
All events are self-rated by the Artists/Presenter and FRINGE WORLD does not take any responsibility for an incorrect rating, or unsuitability of an event.
Fringe Fund Donations
A donation of $1 is automatically added to the cart when making a purchase via fringeworld.com.au. This donation goes to the Fringe Fund to helps artists shine through a range of support, development and presentation opportunities. You can choose to remove this donation prior to payment.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, FRINGE WORLD shall have no liability to you beyond the face value of the ticket purchased plus booking fees.
FRINGE WORLD shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the event that have been arranged by you are undertaken at your own risk.
FRINGE WORLD takes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property at the event.
Injury at Events
To the extent permitted by law, FRINGE WORLD disclaims all liability for any injuries caused at events. Although reasonable measures are taken by FRINGE WORLD to protect audience members, injury can occur. If injured or distressed, immediately ask an usher for assistance or directions to a medical station or contact emergency services.
By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions in your personal capacity and on behalf of any accompanying minor.
FRINGE WORLD Friends
- FRINGE WORLD Friends subscriptions are valid from the date of purchase until 30 September 2019.
- FRINGE WORLD Friends subscriptions are non-transferable and applicable to the individual that purchased the subscription only.
- FRINGE WORLD Friends subscriptions are non-refundable.
- Benefits of the FRINGE WORLD Friends program are reviewed annually at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD and are subject to change.
- The allocation of tickets available through the FRINGE WORLD Friends Friends Frenzy 30% off ticket offer is limited and subject to availability. Friends Frenzy tickets will be available to purchase from 18 October 2018 to 24 January 2019.
- Friends Frenzy tickets offers are only available on selected shows, and ticket limits are at the individual event, artist or production company’s discretion. It may be possible to still purchase tickets for a show’s performance at full price even though the Friends Frenzy offer allocation has sold out. To purchase Friends Frenzy tickets on the website, you must be logged in with the email address associated to your FRINGE WORLD Friends account.
- Our standard Terms and Conditions and the FRINGE WORLD Ticketing Exchange and Refunds policy listed above applies to Friends Frenzy tickets.
- The number and type of event(s) with ticket(s) available for TeaserTix early release to Friends prior to the Festival program launch day (15 November 2018) is at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD Festival and subject to change.
- There is a limit of one (1) Skip the Line MultiPass per FRINGE WORLD Friends subscription.
- The Skip the Line MultiPass is only valid for ticketed events within The Pleasure Garden and Yagan Square. FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to make exclusions to this policy without prior notice and to restrict, limit or cap the number of Friends that are allowed to use a Skip the Line MultiPass to gain entry to a session(s).
- The Skip the Line MultiPass contains four (4) Passes; up to two (2) can redeemed for shows at The Pleasure Garden and up to two (2) can be redeemed for shows at Yagan Square. Each Pass enables the bearer and one (1) guest to skip the line at a show. If the bearer or guest is under the age of 18 please check www.fringeworld.com.au for venue age restrictions. Entry to performance areas is also subject to the event rating.
- The Skip the Line MultiPass is not redeemable for cash and a lost or stolen Pass will not be replaced.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to make alterations to the Friends program and its benefits from time to time and without prior notice.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9227 6288 for assistance with your FRINGE WORLD Friends account.
Final Fringe Binge Competition
On 6 February 2019 FRINGE WORLD announced a competition on Facebook and Instagram
There are 5 (five) prizes to win in the competition. Each prize consists of:
- 4 (four) Fringe tickets that will enable the winner and a guest to see 2 (two) FRINGE WORLD ticketed shows, and;
- 8 (eight) drink tokens. Each drink token can be redeemed for a beer, wine or cider up to the value of $9 at a bar at The Woodside Pleasure Garden, Matsos Broome Time, The Ice Cream Factory or FRINGE WORLD managed bars at Yagan Square.
To be eligible for the competition you need to tag someone in the post before 5pm on 8 February. FRINGE WORLD will award the prizes at random to eligible entrants. FRINGE WORLD will contact the entrant and they have until 5pm on Monday 11 February 2019 to respond before the prize is forfeit by the entrant.
Prize is not redeemable for cash. The selection of Fringe tickets is at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD and will be limited to tickets in the 2019 Festival season that ends 17 February 2019. Drink vouchers are only valid for use up until 17 February 2019.
Law and Jurisdiction
The provisions of these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
Support and Further Information
If you require further assistance, please email email@example.com.
- ENDS -